Winners will be posted as soon as they are confirmed.
Aim of the award
The English Presentation Award (EPA) aims to promote English presentations in the ESJ annual meetings and to give all participants more opportunities to share scientific ideas with international students and visiting researchers in Japan. At the same time, the EPA working group gives students and early career members an opportunity to gain experience in scientific communication, particularly experience that will be useful in international meetings. All presentations will be scored and excellent presenters will be awarded by the EPA working group.
Eligibility and application
- Eligibility is limited to Ecological Society of Japan (ESJ) members who are students (undergraduates, graduate students and PhD candidates) or early career researchers who have received PhD, no more than 5 years before March 2019. Work weeks of parental leave or family leave are not included in this 5-year limitation. Past EPA winners are also eligible to submit their applications.
- All participants need to prepare their presentation with a time slot of 15 minutes, which includes approximately 3 minutes for questions and discussions.
- The winner will receive a certificate from ESJ and a book will be awarded as a supplemental gift by Springer.
- Registration site will be open at the end of September.
- By 23:59 (JST) October 31, 2018: Deadline of ESJ membership application, and ESJ66 registration and application for oral presentations with EPA.
If you are not an ESJ member, please complete your ESJ membership registration. Please see the official website of ESJ.
- By 23:59 (JST) February 13, 2019: Deadline of abstract submissions.
- By 12:00 (JST) on the date of your presentation: Deadline of presentation file submissions.
- A few judges are assigned in each session.
- All presentations are judged and scored based on the quality of research (50%) and quality of presentation (50%).
- Best award and excellent award will be awarded to first and second place finishers of each session.
The EPA website
Only supporting information will be announced at the EPA website. Links to previous EPA websites (2014–2018) are also available. Please see ESJ66 official website for the detailed information on EPA.