Presentation file guidelines
- Oral presentations: Session rooms are equipped only with an LCD projector and a personal computer (OS: Windows), and Microsoft PowerPoint (for ppt or pptx files) and Adobe Reader (for PDF files) are installed on the PC. The use of personally owned PCs is not allowed.
- One presentation file per speaker is accepted.
- Presentations should have an aspect ratio of 4:3.
- For the speakers who use PowerPoint, embed graphic images and animations in the presentation files and use a standard font. Prepare both PowerPoint file and converted PDF file and make sure PDF file appear properly.
- The size of presentation files should not exceed 20 MB.
File registration in speaker ready room
- Speakers should save their presentation files on their own USB memory, bring them to the speaker ready room (Room 406), and copy the files to the PCs equipped in the assigned rooms by 12:00 on the presentation day. The speakers who do not copy the files by the deadline will be considered as cancellation. The speaker ready room hours are as follows:
||Speaker ready room hours
||3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
|March 16 and 17
||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
||10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- USB port is type A.
- The speakers are requested to scan their file with the newest virus scan software. We take no responsibility if the virus infection occurs.
- It is recommended to save only presentation files on the USB, in case of the virus infection and the miscopy of wrong file.
- Operators support the speakers to copy their files to the computers and review their files.
- File name should indicate the presentation number and the speaker's name.
- Please back up the presentation files to a separate USB memory, in case of trouble.
- A computer for formatting USB is prepared to make sure removing the virus.
- The presentation files will be deleted after the conference.
- Oral presentations should be no longer than 15 minutes (12 minutes for the presentation followed by a 3-minute question and answer period). Bell sounds will inform presenters of elapsed times from the start of the presentation; first at 10 minutes, second at 12 minutes and finally at 14.5 minutes. Please keep presentations within the time limit.
- At the start of each presentation, an operator in the session room will operate the PC and show the first slide of the presentation. Then, either the presenter can operate the PC or the operator can be asked to operate the PC.
- Each presenter is asked to chair the presentation subsequent to his/her own presentation. A member of the organizing committee will chair the first presentation in each session.