- Information on selling boxed lunch (bento) (in Japanese) was available. (21 Feb 2013)
- Application of banquet (in Japanese) was extended. (21 Feb 2013)
- Upload system for oral presentation files started to operate (deadline: 5pm on 25 Feb). (1 Feb 2013)
- The book of abstract (HTML, PDF; in part Japanese and part English) is available. (16 Jan 2013; 14 Feb 2013)
- Online registration for the annual meeting was closed. Registration will be accepted on site during the meeting. (28 Jan 2013)
- Hotel information from JTB (in Japanese) was added. (21 Jan 2013)
- Information on participation fee exemption of undergraduate students (in Japanese) was added. (18 Jan 2013)
- “Notes on File Preparation for Oral Presentation at ESJ60” was updated. (17 Jan 2013)
- The detailed information on day-care center (in Japanese) is available. (17 Jan 2013)
- The Program Book (in part Japanese and part English) is available. （15 Jan 2013)
- Detailed information is available in “Meeting info“. (29 Oct 2012)
The 60th Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of Japan
- March 5 (Tue.) – 9 (Sat.), 2013
- Shizuoka Convention & Arts Center (Granship Shizuoka)
- Ikeda 79-4, Suruga-ku, Shizuoka
The 60th Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of Japan (ESJ60) in 2013 will be held at Shizuoka Convention & Arts Center as the venue. The last ESJ annual meeting held in Chubu district was the 53rd meeting in Niigata, in 2006, and this meeting will be the first ESJ annual meeting held in Shizuoka prefecture in the same district. Shizuoka prefecture extends wide from East to West. For those who have visited Izu, Hakone, and around Mount Fuji, it may be the first visit to Shizuoka City. Since the meeting is held to commemorate the 60th anniversary, we hope to welcome many participants and provide opportunities to have active presentations and discussions for the progress of ecological science.
The Convention venue is nicknamed Granship Shizuoka, and has the appearance of ship. It is located near JR Higashi-Shizuoka station, which is next to JR Shizuoka station and has 3 minutes distance by the Tokaido Line. You can reach the venue in a short time from the center of Shizuoka City. Since a wonderful view of Mount Fuji can be seen in a fine day from the venue and its surroundings, you will be able to have a good rest, viewing Mount Fuji in its winter garb of snow. You can also move to the city center immediately by JR train even after the workshops at the late time. We hope you can enjoy the taste of Shizuoka and activate exchanges of research topics and ideas after discussions at the venue.
All members of the organizing committee are trying to prepare a fruitful meeting in conjunction with the annual meeting planning committee. We hope that many ESJ members will be able to join the meeting.
Takehiro Masuzawa, Chair of Organizing Committee
Yosuke Kominami, Secretary General of Organizing Committee