62nd Annual Meeting of Ecological Society of Japan (ESJ62, Kagoshima) – Information (2nd circular)
The 62nd Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of Japan (ESJ62) will be held by the Organizing Committee and the Annual Meeting Planning Committee as follows. The contents below may be updated whenever necessary.
1. Contact information
2. Venue and schedule
4. Fees and payment
5. Visa application
7. Registration chart
8. Name tags
9. How to join ESJ
10. Notice on the registration of your presentation
11. Program book
12. Book of abstracts (HTML version only)
13. Call for organized sessions and workshops
15. Oral and poster sessions
16. Poster award
17. English presentation award
18. Public lecture
21. Ecocup 2015 in Kagoshima
22. Accommodation and access to the venue
1. Contact information
Eiji SUZUKI: Chair of Organizing Committee
Tomoko YAMAMOTO: Secretary General of Organizing Committee
Organizing Committee of the 62nd Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of Japan
Faculty of Science, c/o Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Kagoshima University
Korimoto 1-21-35, Kagoshima, 890-0065, Japan
For correspondence on any subjects, please enter your questions in the inquiry form linked from the official website (the ESJ office is NOT accepting any inquiries about the meeting). Please check the latest information on the official website.
2. Venue and schedule
- Date: March 18 (Wed) – 22 (Sun), 2015
- Main venue: Korimoto Campus, Kagoshima University
- Auxiliary venue: Kagoshima Citizen’s Culture Hall
ESJ62 includes a public lecture, symposia, forums, contributed presentations (oral presentations in Japanese and English, and poster presentations), organized oral sessions, workshops, poster presentations by high school students, a general business meeting, an award ceremony, award recipient lectures and a banquet.
The main events are planned as follows. However, the schedule may be altered depending on the status of applications. The detailed schedule will be announced by the meeting program and on the official website.
- Wednesday, March 18
- Business meetings, organized sessions, and workshops
- Thursday, March 19
- Symposia, organized sessions, contributed presentations (oral in Japanese and English, and posters), and forums.
- Friday, March 20
- Morning – symposia, organized sessions, contributed presentations (oral presentations in Japanese and English), and forums.Afternoon – general business meeting, award ceremony, award recipient lectures, and banquet (venue: Kagoshima Citizen’s Culture Hall and Kagoshima Sun Royal Hotel).
- Saturday, March 21
- Symposia, organized sessions, contributed presentations (oral presentations in Japanese and English, and posters), poster presentations by high school students, and forums.
- Sunday, March 22
- Morning – symposia, organized sessions, contributed presentations (oral in Japanese and English), and forumsAfternoon – public lecture
On March 20, shuttle buses will be available from the Korimoto Campus (the morning venue) to the Kagoshima citizen culture hall (the afternoon venue). Kagoshima citizen culture hall is in a 30-minute walk from Korimoto Campus. Details will be announced on the official website.
For presenters and organizers who are currently not ESJ members
- Membership application (including re-application of previously withdrawn members): 17:00 (JST), Thursday, 23 October 2014. For admission procedure, please see: http://www.esj.ne.jp/esj/e_member.html
- Payment of 2015 membership fee: 17:00 (JST), Thursday, 23 October 2014.
For presenters and session organizers
- Proposals for organized sessions: 17:00 (JST), Thursday, November 6, 2014
- Proposals for workshops: 17:00 (JST), Thursday, November 6, 2014
- Applications for oral and poster presentations: 17:00 (JST), Thursday, November 6, 2014
- Abstract submissions: 17:00 (JST), Wednesday, 4 February 2015
- Presentation file submissions: A few days before the meeting. Please check the official website for the updated deadline.
We are accepting a new membership application (see below for the detail). Other applications listed above will be open one month before each their deadline.
No changes and additions will be accepted after the deadlines.
4. Fees and payment
4.1 Participation & Banquet Fees
By Wednesday, February 4, 2015:
- Regular attendees (including non-ESJ-members) 8000 yen
- Graduate students (including non-ESJ-members) 5000 yen
By Saturday, February 28, 2015:
- Regular attendees (including non-ESJ-members) 9000 yen
- Graduate students (including non-ESJ-members) 5500 yen
- Regular attendees (including non-ESJ-members) 10000 yen
- Graduate students (including non-ESJ-members) 6000 yen
- Undergraduate and high school students (including non-ESJ-members): free (students must show their student ID cards at the on-site reception)
Notes: The early registration fee is applicable to those who complete the payment by each due date. Please complete your payment before February 28, 2015 through the online payment system operated by JTB AMARYS (https://amarys-jtb.jp/esj62/). After that, please pay the fees at the on-site reception in the venue.
- Regular attendees (including non-ESJ-members) 7000 yen
- Students (including non-ESJ-members) 4500 yen
Advance registration is necessary to attend the banquet (by February 28, 2015).
Student rates will be applied to the participation and banquet fees for those who are young members without regular income as well. For members certified as “the young members without regular income in 2015”, please state that in the registration.
For cancellation policy, click here.
4.2 Membership fees
(Please refer to: http://www.esj.ne.jp/esj/e_member.html)
By Thursday, October 23, 2014
- Non-ESJ-members: fee for 2015 membership**
- ESJ members: renewal fee for 2014 membership (members who do not pay the fee will lose his/her membership).
** For admission (or re-admission) to the society to participate in ESJ62, apply for 2015 ESJ membership, and pay the membership fee by Thursday, October 23, 2014.
** Payment for the 2015 membership is required once you apply for membership. Admission cannot be cancelled, and we do not refund membership fees.
Note: the payee of membership fees is different from that of the meeting fees. Please do not confuse them.
5. Visa application
Passport holders of China, India, Russia, Philippine, Indonesia, NIS countries and other nationalities that do not have visa exemption agreements with Japan require entry visa to Japan. Check to see if you require visa through “Guide to Japanese Visa” at the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan. http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html
Notice that the standard processing period for Visa application is five working days.
For the documents to be provided from Japan, ESJ office will provide necessary support. If you require a letter of invitation to support your visa application, you must first register to attend the 62nd Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of Japan (Amarys: https://amarys-jtb.jp/esj62/WebRegistry/Registry/RegEventTop_v2.aspx).
Once you receive a registration confirmation email, please send your request for a letter of invitation by email to the ESJ Office (email@example.com).
The documents that are necessary for the application differ depending on the nationality of the applicant. Participants from China require following documents 1)-4) for your Visa application: 1) Reasons for Invitation, 2) Letter of Guarantee, 3) Overview of Organization (Ecological Society of Japan), 4) Itinerary. ESJ office will provide the documents 1)-3) upon receiving your requires and the itinerary. Applicants need to submit all the 4 documents for visa application. For further details please refer to http://www.cn.emb-japan.go.jp/consular/visa_tankishoyo.htm.
For inquiries and assistance, please contact ESJ Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please carefully read the following explanations and complete the application procedures according to the following application chart.
- Presenters and organizers should register your sessions or presentations on the website (http://www.esj.ne.jp/meeting/62/). If you are an audience member (i.e. having no presentation), the registration of presentations is not required. The registered information will be used to create the meeting program and abstracts.
- Please conduct the participation application (separate from the registration of your session or presentation) and the payment for the participation and banquet fees on the JTB AMARYS (https://amarys-jtb.jp/esj62/).
6.1. Oral and Poster presentations
- The speaker (or main contributor at poster sessions) of each presentation has to be a member of ESJ. ESJ members should pay the membership fee for 2014 by October 23, 2014. If you are not an ESJ member, but would like to give a presentation, please apply for an ESJ membership before October 23, 2014.
- Presenters should register your presentation on the official website by the deadline. Then, please conduct the application procedures and the payment for the participation fees on the JTB AMARYS (https://amarys-jtb.jp/esj62/).
- The registration number issued in the registration is necessary for submission of abstract. Please keep the registration number as well as password set by yourself.
- Symposium speakers should complete some procedures according to the symposium organizer’s instructions (see also the registration chart).
- Symposium speakers are limited only to ESJ members who have paid the ESJ membership fee by October 23, 2014, except for invited non-member speakers approved by the ESJ62 Organizing Committee.
- Please register your presentation on the official website to receive your registration number. In this procedure, please skip the title submission by checking “No (Check this if you are to contribute to symposia / organized sessions / workshops)”. The presenters should give the registration number and the title of the presentation to the symposia organizer(s). The symposium organizer(s) will submit the titles all together.
- Presenters, except for the invited speakers, should conduct the application procedures and the payment for the participation fees on the JTB AMARYS (https://amarys-jtb.jp/esj62/). The reception will start at the end of September.
6.3. Organized sessions
- Speakers of organized sessions are limited only to ESJ members who have paid the ESJ membership fee by October 23, 2014, except for invited non-member speakers approved by the ESJ62 Organizing Committee.
- Please register your presentation on the official website to receive your registration number. In this procedure, please skip the title submission by checking “No (Check this if you are to contribute to symposia / organized sessions / workshops)”. Presenters should give the registration number and the title of the presentation to the session organizer(s). The session organizer(s) will submit the titles all together.
- Speakers should register from JTB AMARYS and complete the payment for the registration fee, as well as registration of your presentation.
- For the invited non-member speakers, it is necessary to also perform the application procedures and the payment for the participation fees.
- Workshops are conducted on the responsibility of organizers who are ESJ members, but speakers of workshops are not limited to ESJ members. For people who participate only in workshops (including speakers), no participation fee is required.
6.5. Participating as an audience member
- Please conduct the participation application and the payment for the participation fee on the JTB AMARYS (https://amarys-jtb.jp/esj62/). On-site application will also be accepted.
- Non-ESJ-members can join the meeting as an audience member by paying the participation fee.
- The participation fee is not required for undergraduate and younger students (junior high school and high school) if they attend as audience members (No need for provisional online registration. Please come to the reception counter at the meeting, and show your student ID card). The participation fee is also not required for participating in the presentations by high school students. However, for students planning to make a presentation in other sessions, such as contributed presentations, it is necessary to conduct the participation application including the payment of the fee.
6.6. Poster presentations by high school students
In association with ESJ62, the ESJ hosts the “Poster Presentations by High School Students: Ecology for all young generations”, as a part of the outreach activities, which aims for the better understanding of the ecology and related topics among the general public. The purpose of this event is to provide an opportunity for high school students (junior high school pupils are also welcome) to present and discuss their works, and exchange ideas with the participants of ESJ62, as they are expected to play an important role in the future of ecology and related areas.
In addition, the “Public Lecture for High School Students: The Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers”, will be held. The young excellent ecologists of ESJ will give presentations for their fields of expertise and join the exchange meeting.
6.7. Qualifications for participation
The qualifications for ESJ-members and non-ESJ-members are as follows. The qualification for non-ESJ-members is restricted. We hope you can join the ESJ this time. For limitation of duplicate presentations, please see details of each organized session and contributed presentations.
|Type of presentation/membership||ESJ member||Non-ESJ-member|
|Contributed presentations (oral/poster)||○|
|Commentator for symposia, organized sessions or workshops*1||○||○|
|Organization of session organizer||○|
|Organized session presenter||○||○*2|
- *1 Commentators without abstract submission. Commentators with abstract follow the same qualification rules as “presenter”.
- *2 Only one presentation for an organized session is allowed except for those approved by both the organizing committee and the planning committee.
- Those who are currently non-ESJ-members but are to be a presenter and/or organizer should apply and pay for the 2015 membership before Thursday, 23 October, 2014. This deadline also applies to those who wish to rejoin ESJ due to failing to pay the membership fee in previous years.
- Non-ESJ-members can be a part of the audience of any session only after paying the participation fee.
7. Registration Chart
8. Name tags
- To avoid congestion at reception on the meeting days, participants in Japan who have completed payment by February 28, will be sent their name tag to the address registered in JTB AMARYS. Please bring it to the meeting venue and directly enter to it without stopping at the reception.
- If you forget your name tag, please stop at the reception.
- If you do not receive your name tag by March 13 (Friday), please contact us from the contact page of the official website.
9. How to join ESJ
Please apply for ESJ membership on the following website and follow the instructions sent to you by e-mail to complete the payment by October 23 2014.
For joining the Ecological Society of Japan, refer to http://www.esj.ne.jp/esj/e_member.html or Contact:
The Ecological Society of Japan
1-8 Koyama Nishihanaike-cho, Kita-ku, Kyoto, 606-8148, Japan
(For inquiries regarding membership only.)
10. Notice on the registration of your presentation
- The registration number issued in the procedure of registration is necessary for the later registration of abstract. Please keep the registration number as well as your password by yourself.
- If you are a presenter at a symposium, organized session, workshop or forum, registration of your presentation is not necessary, because your session organizer will register your presentation on your behalf. However, if you are a speaker (including non-ESJ-members) at a symposium or an organized session, please apply for the registration on the ESJ62 official website (http://www.esj.ne.jp/meeting/62/) and obtain a registration number (your session organizer needs it for the registration of your presentation).
- No changes and additions due to improper input or garbled characters will be accepted.
11. Program Book
- The Program Book (electric version) will be available on the official website around January 2015. (added the link on 18 Dec 2014)
- The Program Book of the meeting will be sent around February 2015 to all ESJ members who have paid the membership fee. Please pay the fees in advance by October 23, 2014 to receive the book.
- Non-ESJ-members can purchase the Program Book at the on-site registration for 500 yen.
12. Book of abstracts (HTML version only)
The book of abstract will not be printed or edited as PDF. Only HTML version will be available in February 2015 on the official website (http://www.esj.ne.jp/meeting/62/) including a mobile phone version. All abstracts, including those in the previous meetings are available on the ESJ official website (http://www.esj.ne.jp/meeting/abst/index.html) as compressed ZIP files. After decompression, you will be able to browse and search for schedules, presenters and keywords.
13. Call for organized sessions and workshops
- We invite proposals for organized sessions and workshops in ESJ62 (proposals for symposia have been closed).
- The following points should be confirmed when submitting your proposals.
- Proposals of the organized sessions and workshops must be submitted by 17:00 (JST) on November 6, 2014, and the registered contents will be used for the Program Book. No changes and additions of the proposals will be accepted after the deadline.
- An ESJ membership is required to be an organizer of either an organized session or a workshop. Both sessions are about 2 hours long. The organizing committee will not modify the contents of proposals except if slander exists against any individual and/or organizations.
- Individual abstracts in each session will appear in the abstract page of the official website of ESJ62. Session introductions and summaries will appear on both of the program book and the book of abstract on the above website.
- An organizer or speaker of an organized session may not serve as an organizer or speaker in a symposium or a workshop.
- An organizer or speaker of an organized session may not serve as a contributed oral or poster presenter.
- In general, speakers for organized sessions are limited only to ESJ members. As an exception, one non-ESJ member can be a speaker in each organized session, but justification for the exception should be included in the session proposal. The exception does not apply for an individual who has served as a session speaker for two consecutive years.
- If the introduction or comment for an organized session has an abstract, the speaker will be considered as a regular speaker and a “one presentation rule” will be enforced.
- For efficient use of time and space available, an organized oral session should consist of at least three speakers.
- Workshops have traditionally been valued in ESJ annual meetings as a means to promote free discussions on innovative topics, some of which can even step beyond the framework of ecology. However, workshops are not considered as an official function of the meeting, and those who only attend workshops will not be considered as participants of the ESJ meeting.
- The introduction and summary of a workshop will appear in both the program and the abstract web page so individual abstracts from the speakers will not be accepted.
- A speaker in a workshop may present in other sessions or contributed talks/posters. However, the organizing committee will not, in principle, make arrangement of the schedules.
- Since workshops are not considered as an official function of the meeting, we kindly ask organizers to manage the room responsibly.
- Workshops are likely held concurrently with business meetings on the first day of ESJ62. The organizing committee will not, in principle, make arrangement of the schedules for those who are members of these meetings.
- Proposals for organized sessions and workshops including their outlines must be received at the official website (http://www.esj.ne.jp/meeting/62/) by Thursday, November 6, 2014, at 17:00 (JST). A proposal for an organized session must include a session summary, a full list of speakers and their co-authors, and a presentation title.
- Session or workshop organizers and all speakers in organized sessions should register as participants and obtain a registration number before submitting a proposal.
- No changes and additions of the proposals will be accepted after the deadline.
Non-ESJ-member speakers at organized sessions
- Organizers should enter the name of non-ESJ member presenter and the reasons for the presentation in the space provided for “presentation proposals by non-ESJ-members” on the registration system.
- Non-ESJ member presenters should obtain their registration number through the same procedure as other presenters.
- The deadline for the above is 17:00 (JST), Thursday, November 6, 2014. Organizers will receive e-mail notifying a decision on non-ESJ member presentation by Tuesday, November 18, 2014.
Acceptance of proposals
- Proposals for organized session will receive higher priority over workshop proposals. In case there are not enough meeting rooms for the proposed organized sessions even after cancelling all workshops, we will decide the proposals for organized session by drawing lots.
- If the number of workshop proposals exceeds the capacity of the venue, we will first decline workshop proposals from proposers who submit more than one session and/or workshop proposals, and then those from proposers who submit a symposium proposal. If the space is still not enough, decisions will be made by lot.
- To make best use of limited space and time, those who have submitted proposals for symposium and other sessions as an organizer are requested to not apply for a workshop. An individual is not allowed to submit more than two proposals.
- Decisions on approved workshops will be made by November 18, 2014.
Forums are organized by the ESJ committee and are aimed at inviting opinions on issues related to ecology. ESJ is addressing, promoting and sharing information among ESJ members, and developing agreement in ESJ by widespread discussion. Organizing and providing topics are exempt from the “one presentation rule”. Representatives for each committee of ESJ should apply.
15. Oral and poster sessions
- ESJ members are invited to give a presentation in either oral or poster sessions. Please choose your preference for the presentation style (oral or poster). However, due to limitation in space and time, we may ask you to change your presentation style (oral or poster).
- For assigning room and time for oral presentations and sorting poster presentations appropriately by topic, we ask you to choose sections from the below list that matches your presentation when applying for presentation. Due to application numbers and limitation in space, we may ask you to change your topic. The following is the list of presentation topics.
Plant community / Plant population / Plant ecophysiology / Plant reproduction / Life history of plants / Microbial ecology / Landscape ecology / Succession・Regeneration / Animal-plant interactions / Evolution / Species diversity / Mathematical ecology / Animal community / Animal reproduction / Animal population / Life history of animals / Behavior / Conservation / Ecosystem management / Invasive species / Material cycling / Education and popularization of ecology
- Speaker (or main contributor at poster sessions) of each presentation has to be a member of ESJ (co-authors need not be ESJ members).
- Each ESJ member is allowed to represent only one oral or poster presentation as a presenter (she/he can co-present more than one).
- Oral and poster presentations are closed to organizers and speakers in symposia and organized sessions.
- These restrictions are imposed for sharing limited space and time.
Preparing oral presentations
- Oral presentations are made by devices equipped in the room in either Microsoft Power Point or PDF format. The use of your own PC is not acceptable. Procedures on how to register files for presentation will be announced in due course. Details will be posted on the official website.
- If you use handouts instead of the use of PC, please prepare enough. In that case, please notify on the inquiry form of the official website.
Preparing poster presentations
- Each poster will be mounted on a 90 cm width by 210 cm height poster board. Poster session will be conducted in two sections. About 1000 posters are expected to be accepted. We may ask you to move to oral presentation if the applications for poster presentation exceeds the capacity.
- Please bring drawing pins to stick your poster.
16. Poster Award
The Ecological Society of Japan (ESJ) will award young researchers presenting excellent posters. Please refer to the following qualification requirements. Details for poster presentations will be posted on the official website. Please prepare your poster, referring to the points shown on the website.
Poster award qualifications
Each winner must be the primary author of the poster presentation. In addition, the following criteria will be applied:
- Undergraduate, graduate students, or those young scientists without a doctoral degree before November 6, 2014 are eligible to apply for Poster Award ESJ62.
- Previous poster award winners (including those from the joint annual meetings with EAFES) cannot apply for the award.
Poster award criteria
Below are the criteria used to select excellent posters. Please prepare your poster, referring to the points below.
(A) Clarity of the poster
In poster presentation it is important to show the contents of your research clearly. The following will be necessary: 1) Good title, 2) Simple abstract, 3) Making efforts to draw attention, 4) Making efforts to convey the outline. Figures and tables should be easy to read from a distance, avoid information overload and of understandable outline without explanation will also be important.
(B) Quality of the study
1) Originality and innovativeness, 2) Quality and quantity of data, 3) Validity of analyzing methods, 4) Validity of discussion and conclusion, will be evaluated.
We have excluded “presentation technique” which had been a criterion for judgment, from evaluation since the 61st meeting because excellent posters are often understandable just by reading them. The increased burden on judges due to the review of a large number of applications is also one of the reasons. For items which are difficult to assess by just observing, judges might evaluate them by listening to the presentation and asking questions.
As the ESJ is promoting international communication, we put an emphasis on posters that make consideration to those who do not understand Japanese. During the review process, only the contents of the posters are evaluated regardless of language. However, if two or more posters have tied scores, the priority will be given to the posters understandable in English those that promote international communication.
“Posters understandable in English” means at least the title, introduction and conclusion are written in English so that the outline of the research can be understood by reading them, or by the prepared English translation.
If you have the English translation (document), please display it beside your poster.
17. English Presentation Award
The English Presentation Award will be given in ESJ62. For details, please refer to the official website of the English Presentation Award:
This award is aimed to promote “science communication” in English at ESJ annual meetings. The English Presentation Award is not for the purpose of an English speech competition, each speaker thus should not only aim to demonstrate his/her proficiency in English. Instead, he/she is expected to pay serious effort in giving a presentation effectively communicating the science to the audience. It is assumed that most of the audience members are not native speakers of English, and that they have diverse scientific backgrounds. The efforts should be made to make it easy for such an audience to clearly understand the research content and its significance. Even when the communication between a speaker and the audience is not perfect, his/her efforts to communicate will be positively evaluated. All of the students and early career members are encouraged to participate in the English Presentation Award. In addition, we are going to invite general oral presentations in EPA sessions as well as nominated presentations to the award. Your participation will greatly contribute to the encouragement of English communication in ESJ annual meeting.
For details, please see:
18. Public lecture:
“Biodiversity in the Nansei Islands: The structure and conservation.”
An unique biota has been cultivated in the Nansei islands, located in temperate-to-subtropical zone. The repeated separation and reattachment to the Eurasian continent caused by the geohistorical plate movement has produced the biota. The historical climate variation and the Kuroshio current have also had an effect. Thus, the islands attract rising attention as one of the candidates of the world nature heritage due to its marine, terrestrial and coastal biodiversity, including the important endemic species. We would like to share the ecological value of the islands with citizens, introducing the latest findings of the structure and the direction of conservation activities.
- “Biodiversity in the Nansei Islands: The structure and conservation.”
- Date and Time:
- Sunday, March 22, 2015. 13:00–16:00
- Room 101, Faculty of Education, Korimoto Campus, Kagoshima University.
Eiji SUZUKI, Chair of Organizing CommitteeOpening remarks and outline of purpose:
Kimitake FUNAKOSHI (The International University of Kagoshima)Lectures:
Masatsugu YOKOTA (University of Ryukyus)
Hidetoshi OTA (University of Hyogo)
Fumio YAMADA (Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute)
Ryuta TERADA (Kagoshima University)
Hiroyuki MOTOMURA (Kagoshima University)
Please enjoy the banquet at the Kagoshima Sun Royal Hotel (3-minute walk from the Kagoshima citizens’ culture hall, the place of general meeting, award ceremony and award recipient lectures) on Friday, March 20, 2015. The banquet will start at 18:30. We are planning to serve “Shochu” (distilled spirits), Kagoshima Kurobuta pork and other local dishes. After the banquet, a shuttle bus service will be provided to downtown. We welcome all participants.
For the registration and payment, please visit the website of JTB AMARYS at:
A day-care center will be open at Kagoshima University. Details on the available time and application are here (in Japanese; added on 7 Nov). If you need information in English, please feel free to contact the organizing Committee from the inquiry form.
21. Ecocup 2015 in Kagoshima
A competition of Futsal games (five on five soccer games), Ecocup 2015 is planned as a satellite program. It is managed by an independent organizing committee for Ecocup 2015. Details will be posted on this website: http://esj2015.wordpress.com/
22. Accommodation and Access to the venue
Please prepare your own accommodations. The website of JTB AMARYS will provide information about accommodations. Although there are many accommodations around Kagoshima-Chuo Station and downtown “Tenmon-Kan”, please make sure to book your accommodations early, as many visitors will be expected.
You are encouraged to walk to the venue, Korimoto Campus, Kagoshima University from Kagoshima-Chuo station (JR Kyushu). It is about 20 minutes on foot. Streetcars and buses are also available. Details can be found on the ESJ62 official website.
From Kagoshima airport, limousine bus services to Kagoshima city area are available every ten minutes. (Travel time: 50 minutes by airport limousine bus)
The organizing Committee of ESJ62 is always open to accept your opinions on running the meeting. Please submit your opinions in the inquiry form on the official website.
Official website of ESJ62 (Japanese): http://www.esj.ne.jp/meeting/62/
Official website of ESJ62 (English): http://www.esj.ne.jp/meeting/62/index_english/