Recruitment of candidates for the 10th (2022) Young Scholar Award (Suzuki Award) of the Ecological Society of Japan
The Young Scholar Award of the Ecological Society of Japan (ESJ Suzuki Award) is awarded to young ESJ members (graduate students and researchers who have not held their PhD for more than four years) who have shown a strong record in ecological research.
Three awardees will be selected among self-nominated applicants. Recipients will be publicly recognized and receive a prize of 50,000 JPY at the ESJ annual meeting.
We request that nominations be made keeping in mind the aim of this award.
The Ecological Society of Japan is actively working to promote diversity among the award recipients.
June 1st, 2021
President of the Ecological Society of Japan
- Eligible nominees: ESJ members who are graduate students and researchers and have not held their PhD for more than four years
- Nomination form: [Download Form]
- Send to:
(Postal mail) 1-8 Nishihanaikecho, Koyama, Kita-ku, Kyoto 603-8148, Japan
Chair for the Encouraging Award Selection Committee,
c/o the Ecological Society of Japan Secretariat
* Documents should be e-mailed as PDF files, except for books.
- Deadline: Monday, August 16, 2021
- Bylaws for the Young Scholar Award of the Ecological Society of Japan
- List of recipients of the Young Scholar Award of the Ecological Society of Japan
- Message from Prof. Matsuda, a former President, entitled “Establishment of Young Scholar Award (Suzuki Award)”
- Message from Prof. Saitoh, a former President, entitled “Miyadi Award, Oshima Award, and Young Scholar Award (Suzuki Award)” (in Japanese)